|7, 14, 21, and 28 Feb
|10:00am to 12 noon
|Community Waikato, 33 Victoria St, Hamilton
pp total for the four days and ongoing follow-up
1. Understanding organisational culture
- How and why people gather in groups
- How culture forms and how to change it
- How groups operate
- What’s different about workplace groups and the structure of culture in organisations
2. Leadership as a social-relational phenomenon
- Being accepted as the leader - Success in the appointment process does not mean that you will immediately become the leader
- Contemporary leadership practice
- Creating a great place to work
- Values and behaviour
3. But to become a leader, first you need to know about yourself
- Growing self to grow leadership skills
- Brain and mindfulness
- Inquiry into self
4. Lifting engagement and performance
- What gets people engaged and interested in their work? What disengages people?
- The impact of disengagement
- Change made easy
- Understanding the interconnectedness of leadership, culture, engagement and performance
- Knowing how to be accepted as the leader
- The knowledge to lead the organisation that you want it to be
Programme time commitment
- Four x two hour sessions
- Each session followed by self-assessment and leadership practice/reflection
- Reflections/learnings contributed to the learning of the group in subsequent sessions
- On-going learning and support through community of practice
||Dr Maureen Marra is a highly talented and experienced organisational development practitioner who specialises in developing the type of leadership, culture and learning that makes organisations not only successful but also great places in which to work.
"Thorough, interesting and educational "
"Informative, encouraging & thought provoking"
"Really relevant to my role in middle management"
"Awesome - helps me understand my leadership skills and how I could do better"