APPLICATIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED
As part of this year’s Community Waikato conference, we are offering a special opportunity to work with the team at Curative to tell the story of your community.
We will announce the successful applicants soon
This will be a valuable and fun learning and making experience that will see you learn how to produce a short video telling the story of your organisation.
Within the process you will:
Places are very limited.
- Explore and articulate the purpose for your organisation
- Understand who your audience is and how to reach them
- Clarify the tone of voice and feel for your organisation
- Craft your story
- Learn how to use tools that will help you tell your story
- And, establish a plan for sharing videos with your community
Successful applicants can have up to four people from your organisation participate.
If you’d like to be involved in this unique opportunity, please send a completed entry form to email@example.com
by Wednesday 31 July
Successful applicants will be informed by Tuesday 13 August.
Eddy Royal is the founder and director of Curative. Her passion for social change, her creative thinking and ability to bring people together around a cause get put into action every day at Curative. She loves nothing more than a challenging new brief, and exploring brave new ways to create conversations that lead to impactful change.
You can often find her facilitating workshops and creative processes, clarifying insights and working with others to dream up and embed new ideas.
Eddy draws on her 15+ years of commercial experience in Advertising, Social Marketing and Youth Development to use her practiced strategic thinking and ideation skills to help respond to complex social issues, while involving communities to be the true drivers of change.
Red Nicholson is a creative project lead at Curative. He has a background in secondary education, as a teacher, Head of Department and Dean. He brings a passion for social justice, inclusive practice and universal design to his work.
We imagine what could be then make it so.
Curative is a creative agency, working to inspire positive social change. They spend their days working with the change-makers and the brave to help change the narrative of some of our most complex social issues.
Their work includes shaping the way that issues are presented, helping people understand what perpetuates harm, and empowering people to take their own actions for change.
They love the challenge of finding unique and engaging ways to tell the stories of amazing changemakers. And they know how to create brands that stand out, and how to get people behind a cause.
Find out more at www.curative.co.nz
- The Community Waikato conference, 'Strengthening through Stories' is on 13-14 November 2019 at the Distinction Hotel, Hamilton
- To be eligible to enter you must be a community organisation/ community group/ marae/ or Māori Development organisation working within the region that Community Waikato serves
- If your application is successful, the cost of food is covered for participants in the ‘What’s your story?’ event at conference (lunches and dinner), but accommodation is not included
- Participants in the ‘What’s your story?’ event will attend the conference whakatau (welcome) on Day 1 of conference. The ‘What’s your story?’ event will be introduced early in the programme on Day 1, and then you will leave with Curative to participate in an intensive workshop. Participants in this event will not take part in the rest of the conference programme
- Participants must be able to commit to the full 2 days (13-14 November)
- Participants will be asked to share their experience, and showcase the videos they produce on the last day of conference
- By participating, you agree that Community Waikato is able to use your videos produced at the ‘What’s your story?’ event, on the Community Waikato social media pages and website
- The value of this opportunity is $7,500 per group