As part of this year’s Community Waikato conference, we are offering a special opportunity to work with the team at Curative to tell the story of your community.
This will be a valuable and fun learning and making experience that will see you learn how to produce a short video telling the story of your organisation.
Within the process you will:
Places are very limited.
- Explore and articulate the purpose for your organisation
- Understand who your audience is and how to reach them
- Clarify the tone of voice and feel for your organisation
- Craft your story
- Learn how to use tools that will help you tell your story
- And, establish a plan for sharing videos with your community
Successful applicants can have up to four people from your organisation participate.
If you’d like to be involved in this unique opportunity, please send a completed entry form to firstname.lastname@example.org
by Wednesday 31 July
Successful applicants will be informed by Tuesday 13 August.
We imagine what could be then make it so.
Curative is a creative agency, working to inspire positive social change. They spend their days working with the change-makers and the brave to help change the narrative of some of our most complex social issues.
Their work includes shaping the way that issues are presented, helping people understand what perpetuates harm, and empowering people to take their own actions for change.
They love the challenge of finding unique and engaging ways to tell the stories of amazing changemakers. And they know how to create brands that stand out, and how to get people behind a cause.
Find out more at www.curative.co.nz
What's your story Application Form
Please send this entry form to email@example.com
by Wednesday 31st July.
Successful applicants will be informed by Tuesday 13th August.
- The Community Waikato conference, 'Strengthening through Stories' is on 13-14 November 2019 at the Distinction Hotel, Hamilton
- To be eligible to enter you must be a community organisation/ community group/ marae/ or Māori Development organisation working within the region that Community Waikato serves
- If your application is successful, the cost of food is covered for participants in the ‘What’s your story?’ event at conference (lunches and dinner), but accommodation is not included
- Participants in the ‘What’s your story?’ event will attend the conference whakatau (welcome) on Day 1 of conference. The ‘What’s your story?’ event will be introduced early in the programme on Day 1, and then you will leave with Curative to participate in an intensive workshop. Participants in this event will not take part in the rest of the conference programme
- Participants must be able to commit to the full 2 days (13-14 November)
- Participants will be asked to share their experience, and showcase the videos they produce on the last day of conference
- By participating, you agree that Community Waikato is able to use your videos produced at the ‘What’s your story?’ event, on the Community Waikato social media pages and website
- The value of this opportunity is $7,500 per group