|Closed for 2019
About the Len Reynolds Trust
Len Reynolds Trust was established in 1966 by farmers Len and Ada Reynolds as a ‘Trust Fund for the benefit of others’. Funds have been distributed since that time by the Trust. In 2014 the Len Reynolds Trust Board decided it was time to formalise the fund distribution process and appointed Community Waikato as Funding Manager. This means we administer an annual allocated portion of the Len Reynolds Trust Fund to the Waikato community.
There will be four funding rounds each year which will open and close throughout the course of each year. Applications and accountability reports will be made online through SmartyGrants via the Community Waikato Website.
For more information please contact Sally Fenwick Ridley firstname.lastname@example.org or 07 282 0744
(a) Children are the future so their lives need to be made better. Those areas of high socio-economic deprivation have proportionally more children living in them.
(b) In the region, cases of child abuse and neglect are higher than the national average.
- To decrease child abuse and child poverty in the region.
- To have a Waikato where all children are raised in safe families, connected to their communities.
- Programmes/organisations to support teen parents.
- Single Parent Support.
- Child/family abuse, e.g., Women’s Refuge.
- Parenting Programmes/Supervised Access providers.
- Organisations who support the family unit/strengthening families such as Fostering Kids.
- Support for older persons.
- Support for Immigrant and Refugee Families.
How much can be applied for?
Applications will be considered for between $1,000 and up to $10,000. Any applications received outside of these figures will not be considered
Who can apply?
- A legally constituted community group or organisation that is registered under the Charities Act 2005 and works towards advancing families, community based education or social well-being in the Funding Area.
- Applications will not be accepted from umbrella organisations. The group being funded/making the application must be the registered charity.
- Organisations with an annual operating budget of over $2,000,000 dollars do not qualify for this funding.
- If you have received funding from the Trust in another funding round in the same financial year (1 April to 31 March), you are ineligible to apply